Ariana Voyer on Twitter Ariana Voyer on Pinterest Ariana Voyer on Tumblr Email

Mar 11, 2012

My Travel Beauty Bag


While I don’t have the makeup collection that many of my favorite beauty gurus and bloggers have, I still do have more than your ordinary 20-year-old. It’s tough for traveling to narrow it down to my most-used, absolute favorite products to put in my Vera Bradley large cosmetic bag (as seen below). 



I decided to do this post as I have been doing a bit of traveling recently, locally and nationally. I will list what’s in my travel bag:

Makeup:
Ole Hendrickson Moisturizer
Peter Thomas Roth anti-shine primer
Mac Matchmaster Foundation
Bare Minerals Mineral Vail
Make Up For Ever HD Mat-Powder Foundation (as a quicker alternative)
Neutrogena spot-on concealer
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Maybelline Eye Shadow in Champagne Fizz
My two MAC palettes – one with warm shades and the other cool shades- flat and easy to transport without limiting color selection
Almay black eyeliner OR MUFE 24/7 eyeliner in zero
L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara

Brushes:
Foundation brush
Kabuki brush
Big fluffy eye shader brush
Stiff, flat small shader brush like MAC 239
Crease brush like MAC 217
Under-eye liner brush or MAC 219 pencil brush

If I have extra room, I may include one more brush, a cream shadow like my MUFE Aqua cream, or a cream pencil stick.

Additionally, in my purse/backpack that I bring on the plane/train/car, I always make sure to have a chapstick like Maybelline Baby Lips or Rosebud Salve. Especially on planes, of which I am writing this very post from up 39,000 feet in the sky, the air is DRY! With that said, while on a plane, it is best to keep your makeup natural and comfortable enough to sleep if you want, and to stay moisturized! Many of my favorite beauty gurus say they wear a tinted moisturized like the one by Laura Mercier or a BB Cream such as the Smashbox version or drugstore Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream. Unfortunately for this flight, I was out and about during the day and didn’t have a chance to go home so I am wearing more makeup than usual for a flight! It’s nice to have some touch ups with you in your purse in addition to a chapstick/lip balm. I like to have my Urban Decay De-slick mattifier and MAC studio fix for a little powder touch up. Always travel beautifully because you never know who you’ll run into or who you may meet! J

What’s in YOUR travel makeup bag?

Xo,
Ariana

2 comments:

  1. I always travel with my VB makeup bag that matches the rest of my luggage!

    P.S. Thanks for the follow! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Vera Bradley! I have the same makeup bag! My friend got it for me for my b-day! Please check out my blog!
    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete