Ariana Voyer on Twitter Ariana Voyer on Pinterest Ariana Voyer on Tumblr Email

Mar 16, 2012

REVIEW: Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream

After hearing about the Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream for almost a month now, I finally was able to find my shade in stock to pick up! It was sold out in Light/Medium everywhere I was looking- so frustrating! But, if anything, it proves what a popular drugstore product it is. I finally I found it at CVS!




WHERE TO BUY: Drugstores, Ulta

COST: About $12 (I got it for $10 because of a coupon :))

PACKAGING: Good..no complaints. However it is a little bit smaller than I was expecting for some reason. The box makes you think it's going to be a larger bottle. Still enough to last for a while though especially because A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY! The first time I used it, I put way too much on my fingers because it blends out easily.

SMELL: I was surprised to find that it smells like perfume. I haven't quite decided if this is a good thing or not. It smells like a good perfume (light floral), but still very fragrant and after wearing for hours I can still smell it on my face.

COVERAGE: Medium/Full. I could compare the texture and coverage to that of a tinted moisturizer, with extra benefits. It is creamier and lighter than a foundation, but still covers what it needs to. Since I have oily skin I use a setting powder over it, but if you had dry skin I think you could get away with leaving it as is.

COLOR: I was surprised that it only comes in Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. I thought, how could something that was tinted like a foundation be able to work for everyone? Personally, the light/medium shade is PERFECT for me...not too light/dark, pink/yellow. I think it blends well into the skin that the limited shade options should not be a concern if you're interested in buying this product!

BENEFITS OF BB CREAM: It says on the box it comes in that it renews radiance, brightens complexion, evens skin tone, blurs imperfections, hydrates for 24-hours and protests with SPF 15 UVA/UVB! It also includes Vitamin C.

APPLICATION: I just use my fingers! Clean fingers, of course. Always wash your hands before applying a product to your face. I'm sure you could use a brush but I don't think it's necessary for this...and I ALWAYS use a brush for foundation.

What I love about this product is that it's multiple steps into one product and improves your skin over time. I have heard great results of the effect it has on the skin over time but personally haven't had it long enough to say if I think it has really made a difference. I will tweet about it @trulytwenties when I see a difference, if I do at all!

I think this product is great for an everyday/on-the-go use. I would also use it if I were going to the beach or pool since it does moisturize and contain SPF, while still providing a natural, dewy finish.

Have you tried the Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream yet? What did you think of it?

16 comments:

  1. thanks for this! i love trying new products so i'll definitely check this out. have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I really like how it feels on my skin! I'm still not used to the perfume-like scent to it, but it's better than smelling bad! Let me know what you think if you decide to purchase it, or any other BB creams for that matter. Have a wonderful week! :)

      Delete
  2. Maybe I've been under a rock but I haven't heard of this product. Thanks for the review I'll have to check it out! New follower by the way!

    -Hillary www.justthemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah your blog is so cute!! Thanks for following :). BB creams are definitely a new product out on the market here in the US. I had originally heard of all the high-end brand versions of a BB cream (Smashbox, etc.) until finally a drugstore brand made one. Since I am new to BB Creams I figured it would be smart to start out with a cheaper alternative to see if I liked it, then possibly try a higher-end brand later on. Let me know what you think of it if you decide to purchase! So far I really like it. As I said, I personally definitely set it with a powder afterward and am not quite used to the perfume scent of it yet. Otherwise, love it! Have a great week :)

      Delete
  3. I love your blog! I followed! I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow me? Thanks so much! http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I just followed you back :). Definitely tag me in posts, comment, requests,...anything! I love interacting with other bloggers. Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. I tried a sample but I didn't like it. I prefer regular tinted moisturisers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What tinted moisturizers do you like the best? I posted this as a review, not necessarily saying it's a favorite of mine! I just got it so I'm still figuring out how I feel about it. I'm always open to trying new products!

      Delete
  5. Hey :) You have a lovely blog, Ive followed! It would be great if you followed back!

    http://blackhairbarbie.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I just followed you back :)

      Delete
  6. Hm, haven't heard of it before now! Definitely something to check into, right now I use L'Oreal and I love it - but I'm always looking for something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What by L'Oreal specifically do you use? I use the MAC matchmaster foundation usually but if I want a quicker/easier application then I use the BB cream...for now!

      Delete
  7. I have given you the Versatile Blogger Award :)

    Click the link below for more details!

    http://blackhairbarbie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/versatile-blog-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate this more than you can imagine as I, like many of us beauty bloggers out there, are still trying to get known. Best of luck to you :)

      Delete
  8. Great Post! oh and amazing blog! I just followed. I would love it if you could stop by at my blog and follow and leave some feedback.

    beautyfashionbyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your blog is great!! I love the way it is organized especially, so easy to navigate through. I'm a new follower and will be sure to comment on some posts in the future :)

      Delete