Ariana Voyer on Twitter Ariana Voyer on Pinterest Ariana Voyer on Tumblr Email

Mar 22, 2012

Tarte Miracle of Maracuja Skin Smart Collection

I'm so excited for this haul for I absolutely love all Tarte products. For those of you who saw my tweet @trulytwenties, I will soon be posting another haul of my new Sigma brushes! As for the Tarte Cosmetics Miracle of Maracuja Skin Smart Collection, I purchased it off of QVC when they had a one-day special going on about a week ago. It was all over Twitter and one of my favorite beauty gurus, Elle Fowler, had a video reviewing all of the products. I absolutely love Tarte products and considering all that is included, I knew I had to have it. If you put all of the products they give you together, it retails for a value of about $200. However, it was available for purchase on the QVC website for only $60, amazing! I'll explain what comes in the collection and a "first impression" review of each of the products.






1. 100% Pure Maracuja Oil


This oil takes the place of a night moisturizer/serum. It's full of antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamin C, so it's good for all skin types. The value of this product on it's own retails for $46, which is close to the price of the entire kit! It comes in a pretty, and of course purple, 1.7 fl. oz. full-size bottle that you apply like a medicine dropper. You only need one or two drops (this product will last you FOREVER), and then reading from the pamphlet in the kit, you warm the oil in the palm of your hands and gently massage onto your face. I have used this product every night since I got it delivered, and it quickly absorbs into the skin leaving a smooth and hydrated finish. There isn't much of a scent to it, which I prefer for sleeping. I plan to make it a part of my everyday nightly routine.

2. Maracuja Creaseless Concealer

     
This concealer comes in 5 different shades that you had the option of choosing when you ordered the kit. I got the shade light to fit my skin tone. I found this concealer to be a very full-coverage and thick texture, but with a smooth, dewy, hydrating finish. It can be used for dark under-eye circles, blemishes, acne scarring, etc. Because of how thick it is, a little bit of product goes a long way.

3 & 4. Airblush Maracuja Bouncy Blush in Amused & Airbrush Finish Bamboo Blush Brush



Using this blush and brush together are made for an airbrushed finish and smooth application. The consistency of the blush is a somewhat satin, cream-to-powder, whipped texture. The color is a gorgeous shade of coral that would be flattering for all skin tones, especially tan for the upcoming summer months! It is a very buildable coverage in terms of how strong you want the color and by how much you blend it out. The brush is something that was exclusive to QVC and this kit, and I absolutely love it- super soft and fluffy while still being dense for an even/non-streaky application.

5. Beauty & the Box Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Quad in Evoke the Smoke



     




 This eyeshadow quad comes in the cutest floral box packaging for spring! The box is similar to the packaging of the boxed Benefit Hoola bronzer, Coralista blush, etc. The four shadows are pink cloud, silver mist, purple fog, and dark ash. The pink cloud is a pale, dusty, matte pink. The silver mist, my personal favorite of the four, is a shimmery silver gray with great pigmentation! The purple fog is a deep royal purple with a hint of shimmer. Last, the dark ash is a black matte that isn't overly pigmented but darker than a gray. There are a variety of ways to use these shadows for a smoky effect. I personally use the pink cloud on the inner half of my lid, my own white shadow (white frost by MAC) in the inner crease and as a highlight, the silver mist in my crease, and the purple fog on the outer 3/4 of my lid, and sometimes for an even more defined smoky look, the dark ash in the outer v of my eye.


6. Cashmere Waterproof Gliding Liner in Black Magic

      I'm on the verge of saying this could be my favorite product of the eight in the collection. It's a new Tarte product with a thin, twist-up pencil and a creamy, dark intense black, waterproof consistency that is so easy to apply and lasts all day. Perfect for spring/summer as it is getting warmer and more humid (especially here in Florida) when my skin gets more oily and I want waterproof to avoid smudging and for going to the pool/beach a lot!

7. Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara



      This is a cult-favorite to many beauty bloggers and a product I previously had the sample size of from Sephora. This is again, the full-size product. I can't emphasize enough the amazing deal that this kit was. I definitely love this mascara as it doesn't clump or dry out my lashes (more conditioning and smooth than most) and is great at volumizing. I still am loyal to my L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara, but these two mascaras together is golden. It also depends on the lash look I'm going for. If I want a more natural, volumized look on my eyelashes, I'll opt for Lights, Camera, Lashes. If I want a more defined, lengthening, dramatic look, I'll opt for Telescopic. Either way, still a great mascara if you haven't tried it already.

8. Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss in Peaceful



     This lip gloss is similar in design to the Stila Lip Glazes, but instead of twisting the bottom to get the product up into the brush, you click the bottom (like on a pen). You definitely have to click quite a few times to get it started. You get the full-size product, too! It is a sticky, yet moisturizing lip gloss in a nude peach/pink shade. It is pretty sheer so can be used over a lipstick or lip stain. I also love the packaging of this product. The scent is slightly minty but nothing too strong or that would bother anyone. I personally like it!

I would personally recommend this kit to anyone with any skin type and any skin tone. I think they colors are universally flattering and high quality, as I wouldn't expect anything less from Tarte! I think it's also a great kit to buy for someone who is new to the all-natural Tarte products.

You can find this kit on QVC here.

Did anyone else purchase this kit on the one-day sale from QVC? I'd love to hear what you all thought about each product and what your favorite product in the kit is!

Xo,

Ariana


4 comments:

  1. Hi! I just stumbled upon your blog. Please check mine out as well! If you like, follow :: I'd be glad to return the favor.

    Best,
    ClassicGlamBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just followed! I absolutely love your blog already :)

      Delete
  2. hey, i just found your blog! thanks for showcasing this kit. i just checked on qvc and it's on sale for $65...i think i may purchase it. so excited; thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that's wonderful! Definitely let me know what you think about the kit :). I just checked out your blog and it's really cute and has a great variety so I'm now a new follower! Have a great weekend!

      Delete