Ariana Voyer on Twitter Ariana Voyer on Pinterest Ariana Voyer on Tumblr Email

Jun 26, 2012

Makeup Geek Haul

As I mentioned in my last post, I recently have been running out of some of my essential makeup products. In searching for the best products for the best price (I'm on an intern budget after all), I decided to purchase a few products from Make Up Geek! I've been a loyal follower of her YouTube channel for almost a year now and have been impressed by her line of shadows, brushes, and now lip sticks too. On her site, she also has sample sizes of MAC pigments, as well as a variety of NYX products too.





Now for what I actually bought! I used every single bit of my Maybelline Eye Shadow in Champagne Fizz, a consistent part of my daily routine for a highlight at the inner crease of the eye and under my brow bone. A perfect dupe, I found, is the MUG Shimma Shimma! She sells them in pan form to fit right in my MAC palette, and for half the price ($5.99) of MAC pans. The quality, as I've reviewed before, is at the same caliber as MAC- smooth, finely milled, and high pigmentation/color payoff.




After watching one of her more recent tutorials (I believe it was her club makeup look), I also got an eyeshadow pan in Unexpected. I've been wanting more matte crease colors and this a neutral matte pale pink brown (to me comes off with a hint of purple/gray), unlike any shadow I already have.



I also got two Make Up Geek brushes, the outer v brush and deluxe angled contour brush. In the past year, I have gained appreciation for using brushes to literally apply everything! The better the brush, the better it applies, and therefore the better it looks! I've been without a proper contour brush for far too long and felt the outer v brush was unique and perfect for my small eyelids.



The last thing I also got from the MUG store is the NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Smokey Look. Honestly, it was sort of a last minute add. But I do love the neutral/peachy shade that is very versatile. It has a fruity smell/taste that I can't quite put my finger on, but not in a bad way!



In the past few days since my shipment of these four products came in, I've been using and loving each one with no complaints! I highly recommend checking out Make Up Geek products and her YouTube channel.

What's your favorite Make Up Geek store product?

XO,
Ariana


No comments:

Post a Comment