Ariana Voyer on Twitter Ariana Voyer on Pinterest Ariana Voyer on Tumblr Email

Dec 28, 2012

LUSH: First Impressions


If there is one brand besides the typical drugstore, Sephora and department store brands that is absolutely raved about by beauty bloggers, it's LUSH Cosmetics! I had never heard of it until I started reading beauty blogs and following beauty vloggers on YouTube. In fact, I also noticed around this time that there is a section in my local Macy's cosmetics department at the mall.

After researching the cult-favorites for over a year now, I finally tried out some of the products. The sales woman took me around showing me all the favorites ranging from skincare to haircare to bath products. They even have a makeup line too, but if I'm honest, I'm not really interested in any of it.



1. Ocean Salt Face & Body Scrub


  • Price: 4.2 oz = $21.95 or 8.8 oz = $35.95

I had recently run out of my Yes to Tomatoes face scrub and St. Ives body scrub, and therefore was in the market for a new exfoliator. This ocean salt scrub is one of the LUSH products I had heard the greatest reviews about, and after sampling it in the store, I simply couldn't say no! The sea salt is an abrasive exfoliant that made my skin so smooth. The smell really is like you're at the beach swimming in the ocean. After washing my face with it, I even tasted the ocean salt on my lips...seriously identical to the beach, which I loved. My favorite thing about this scrub though is how it feels after. The avocado and coconut mixed into the formula give a soft and moisturized feel to the skin once dry. Most exfoliators I've used make my skin feel dry and tight. This one did not! LOVE. I bought the 8.8 oz. size but I know that it will last me for over a year. A little goes a long way with this product.

2. Sweet Lips Lip Scrub

  • Price: 0.9 oz = $9.95

Lip exfoliant is something I've wanted to add to my collection for a while now, especially since I've gotten more interested in lipstick. I think it's important to exfoliate your lips, but if you don't want to spend the money, there are many DIY lip scrubs. As for the LUSH lip scrubs, there are various flavors ranging from popcorn flavor to bubblegum. I chose the sweet lips flavor that is a combination of cocoa and vanilla...YUM! The taste matters so much for this product because you lick it off after rubbing your lips together. It exfoliates perfectly and is so smooth after. It doesn't leave your lips dry either, though I probably would still apply a lip balm on before applying lipstick.

Next on my list from LUSH is the Ro's Argan Oil, Grease Lightning spot treatment, and the Jubilees Cream!

What is your favorite LUSH product? 
I would love more recommendations since I am new to the brand!

xx, Ariana




2 comments:

  1. Wow! Kind of expensive, but if they're as great as you say then maybe they're worth a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. They are much better for you though, since it is all-natural. But it's also why it's taken me over a year to buy anything! I had a Macy's giftcard I got for Christmas so I used it for both of these products, which was nice :).

      Delete