Ariana Voyer on Twitter Ariana Voyer on Pinterest Ariana Voyer on Tumblr Email

Jan 8, 2013

Birchbox January 2013



For Christmas this year, one of the gifts my sister gave to me was a Birchbox subscription to try it out for a few months! I was super excited since I've never had one of the beauty box subscriptions before, even though I probably should have sooner for my constant makeup shopping addiction. Since I was so excited about Birchbox and seeing what my roommates got from Ipsy, I subscribed to that one too, YAY! :)




1. Rent The Runway $50 giftcard - Not sure what I'll use this for any time soon, but it's definitely a large giftcard for a little beauty box!!

2. Yogini by Harvey Prince perfume sample - I usually am not a fan of the little perfume samples, simply because I never use them. This one smells amazing though! I was surprised how much I liked the scent. It is an older and stronger scent, but sophisticated...if that makes any sense. It is described as having elements of sandalwood, grapefruit, and Egyptian myrrh.

3. 12 Benefits instant healthy hair treatment - This reminds me of It's a 10! spray in terms of all the benefits it has. The benefits are: seals color, smoothes, repairs, improves texture and manageability, prevents split ends, moisturizes, strengthens, protects from chlorine, wind and sun, prevents flat iron damage, adds shine and softness, protects from blow-drying and is anti-aging....WOW. I thought anti-aging in a hair spray was interesting...never heard of that. Anyway, it says on the back of the bottle to use before blow-drying or swimming! I'm excited to see how this feels in comparison to the It's a 10!, which I will review soon :)

4. Model Co. lipgloss with mirror - Best for last! I LOVE this lipgloss already and I just got my Birchbox this afternoon. The color is a medium peachy pink with a sheen/light shimmer. The color actually reminds me of NARS Orgasm kind of...which I also love. The mirror is handy for when you're out and about reapplying. The pigmentation is a great in between- nothing crazy but definitely visible. The feel is very nice and glossy without being too sticky. It also smells fruity and delicious, almost like Skittles. Yum yum!

5. There was also a cute little ziploc bag and a hair tie (not pictured)

My first impression of Birchbox is favorable, but I would prefer more makeup items instead of the giftcard and perfume sample.

What do you think of Birchbox? Do you have any beauty/fashion subscriptions that you love? Tell me about them!

xx, Ariana

No comments:

Post a Comment