Ariana Voyer on Twitter Ariana Voyer on Pinterest Ariana Voyer on Tumblr Email

Jan 12, 2013

MAC, Tarte and Urban Decay Haul


With giftcards from Christmas, what else would I spend them on than makeup?! I got all products that I've been eyeing FOREVER and never convinced myself to buy...until now that is.




1. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle






This product has been extremely popular for years and is one of those cult-favorites of all time for beauty bloggers, makeup artists, celebrities and your everyday girl who loves makeup. It is a multi-purpose champagne highlighting product that is often used for above the cheek bone, on the cupid's bow of your lip, and for the inner corner of the eyes. Contouring is not just about using bronzer, but using a highlighter too! 

2. MAC blush in Gingerly


Although in the picture it looks very dark, it is described my MAC as a sheertone capri bronze. The reason I decided to get it is that I love the way it looks on people and complements a bronzer really well, and it also is a very unique color that I have absolutely nothing like in my collection already! Amazingly enough, this is my FIRST ever MAC blush. Can't wait to try more! Well-Dressed, Dame, Melba and Peachykeen are on my list for next MAC purchases :).

3. Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Blissful
Another makeup product I've surprisingly never owned is a peach blush. I've had a few of the peachy-pink shades like NYX Summer Peach and NARS Orgasm, but I've always wanted a matte peach blush. I absolutely love the Tarte blushes (I have it in amused) and am hoping to by Dollface next!

4. Urban Decay NAKED2 Palette
Another thing I surprisingly haven't owned until now is one of the famous Naked palettes! Although I've loved them from the moment they were released, I resisted buying either of them because I have other palettes that I wanted to use up (LORAC Pro Palette and MAC palette). I have used the original NAKED palette a lot since many of my friends and my sister have it and I'm obsessed with half baked, the light golden shade. I would have bought the original, but decided not too because it is warmer colors (which is more of what I already have) and because my sister has it and I will be living with her starting in a few months. Both NAKED palettes have a mix of matte and shimmery colors that are all natural, yet pigmented. Perfect for everyday and for traveling!

Hope you enjoyed this haul! I love recommendations, so let me know what some of your favorite products are that I should try out next :)

xx, Ariana


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ariana!

    Your post on Facebook today caught my eye so I clicked on the link to your blog. I've been eyeing the NAKED pallets for a while but haven't broken down and bought one yet. I don't really spend much money on my makeup but I'd really like to upgrade some of the basics. Whats your suggestion on where I should start?

    ReplyDelete