For those of you who don't know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that was created by Michelle Phan, one of the most popular and successful YouTube beauty gurus. You receive deluxe samples and sometimes full-sized beauty products to try out. I believe it's 5 products each month, and you're only paying $10! You can also cancel at any time if you are unhappy with the glam bags or are trying to save money.
In the January Ipsy bag, I got...(keep reading to find out!)
1. Pacifica body butter in Tuscan Blood Orange
- I have the Pacifica Island Vanilla body butter too (which smells amazing) so this product wasn't quite as new and exciting. Although I prefer the vanilla scent that I have, I like the blood orange too! Some people haven't been a huge fan, but I don't mind citrusy/orange scents.
2. Big Sexy Hair volumizing hair spray (there is a cap...I just lost mine already, oops!)
- I've only used this once since I got it and it is a very firm hold that could get crunchy if you put too much on. I have never tried any Big Sexy Hair products before, but it's actually my hair stylist's favorite! This size is also great to have for traveling.
3. Nailtini nail polish (mine is in a nude pink, but my roommate's was in red)
- This is a very sheer color on me, but can be good for those who prefer a more natural, professional color on the nails. I have also heard of people using this over bright colors to create a more subdued shade.
4. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil (.17fl. oz.)
- I was more excited about this product than all the others in the bag. It's a very popular product that can literally be used for ANYTHING. I have the Tarte Maracuja oil which is a similar idea to this. I recommend it on the skin especially for the winter, dry months. I also like argan oil to use at the ends of my hair after washing or heat styling.
5. Full-size SOHO brush
- If I'm honest, I haven't figured out quite what I want to use this brush for yet. The bristles are more of a synthetic, concealer feel rather than a brush I would want to use for eyeshadow. It is very dense and stiff. I'll keep you posted on how I like this for concealer.
You also get a little black cosmetics bag, which you can see in this picture from the Ipsy site along with the red Nailtini polish...
I love the excitement of what's coming up next! These subscriptions are best for those who are looking to get more into makeup and beauty products but don't know what to buy and for the opposite- those who are obsessed with beauty products and need a few new products every month as a fix rather than spending too much money at Ulta/Sephora/department stores!
Would you subscribe to Ipsy?