Ariana Voyer on Twitter Ariana Voyer on Pinterest Ariana Voyer on Tumblr Email

Mar 31, 2013

March Beauty Haul

From random browsing through drugstore makeup aisles this month, I decided to do a collective haul (CVS, Walgreens, Ulta, Target). I'm excited to say I have definitely picked up some new favorites! I will review each below in no particular order. 

L'Oreal Caresse Lip Stain in Rose On and On and Infinite Fuchsia



I have been waiting for these since I heard that L'Oreal (who also owns YSL beauty) would be releasing a drugstore dupe for the cult-favorite YSL Glossy Stains. With a retail difference of about $20, it's worth it to try out the dupe and be able to buy multiple colors without doing too much damage to your bank account. I decided to start out with these two shades and have been so impressed. The pigmentation is incredible, even for the Rose On and On- it looks EXACTLY like the pink shade in the bottle on my lips and if anything, when it oxidizes, it gets even more pigmented. Super pretty and very wearable pink shade. I do find the that Infinite Fuchsia lasts longer on my lips though. Point being, the darker the shade, the better the lasting power. But, either way, the pigmentation is great. There is a doe-foot applicator that kind of tickles when applying (or it's just me). It's great as a wear alone product for it provides a great non-sticky glossiness that is moisturizing to the lips and gives great color. All in all, I recommend this product to everyone!

Essie Nail Polish in Mod Square and Van D'Go



I am a huge Essie fan (as if you didn't already know) and can't resist the temptation to expand my collection. I wanted some more light and bright colors to go with the season changes. Van D'Go is a beautiful peachy, pink color that is great for making you look tan. Along with Splash of Grenadine, it's one of my all-time favorite Essie colors.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Gold
I already have the Color Tattoo in Barely Branded, Inked in Pink and Bad to the Bronze. After seeing this in recent spring tutorials, I had to pick it up! I love a champagne, gold and bronze eye and is my go-to for day-to-day, so I knew this would be perfect when I want to focus more on the gold. It's a very yellow, bright gold, but can be sheered out and is perfect with something like UD half baked over it. I can't wait to wear this more once I'm tan!

Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss


I've been looking for these lip butters for weeks and didn't know where in the store to find them. Finally, I found them by the lotions and shower gels! I got the last Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss, which is the one I really wanted. They also have a Raspberry and Caramel flavor if that appeals to you more. If I had to compare the formulation to other lip butters, I would say that this is the thickest consistency and smells the best. I do like Baby Lips, but I feel that this lasts longer. For example, if I want to prep/moisturize my lips before applying lipstick later in my routine, then I will apply Baby Lips. But, if before I go to sleep or just a casual day out or in where I feel my lips are dry/chapped, I will use this! I prefer lip products not being in a tube, but just like the Strawberry Rosebud, I just swipe my lips directly into the product unless I have just washed my hands. 

Urban Decay Foxy Four-Way Double-Ended 24/7 Eyeliner Set



When it comes to eyeliner, I swear by the Urban Decay 24/7 liners. The pigmentation is fantastic, great color selection and most of all, they actually DO last! I have watery eyes, oily skin, etc...all these factors that make most eyeliners rub off within a couple hours. These STAY and are worth the extra money to buy. This four-way set is a great deal, especially if you like to mix up the color of your eyeliner. I love it especially because it's a relatively natural selection of colors: 2 blacks (zero and perversion), 2 browns (demolition and ____), a dark purple, a blue, ... Since I still use the Jordana Fab-u-liner in black on my upper lash line, I use these solely for my lower lashline. I sometimes smudge them out with a MAC 219 pencil brush and a little shadow for a smokier effect. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Silver



Since it isn't a shade I would use on a daily basis, I can't say this with 100% certainty. But...these are probably as close as it gets to the Urban Decay 24/7 liners as a drugstore dupe! I say, try these out for fun colors, but get a black/brown Urban Decay liner to rely on daily. I love the silver to go above a black liquid liner winged out or on the inner, lower corner of the eye for brightening. Silver is definitely versatile and flattering, particularly for night looks.

What new products did YOU pick up this month? 

xx, Ariana

No comments:

Post a Comment