Ariana Voyer on Twitter Ariana Voyer on Pinterest Ariana Voyer on Tumblr Email

Mar 3, 2013

My February Favorites

I'm a little late on bringing to you my February favorites, but better late than never! I'm now at home with my parents for my LAST spring break ever. Hard to believe I'll be a graduate in just 2 months and making my permanent move to the city of dreams, NYC.

February was a month where I really preferred the quick and convenient looks, without having to think too much into what I put on while still knowing it would look good.




1. Tarte Amazonian clay blush in blissful: After never owning any sort of peach blush before without pink in it, I have grown SO in love with the color on me, especially this blush shade. It's so pigmented and matches many different looks. It's neutral, but visible. It creates such a healthy glow that I know will be perfect for going into spring and summer too. I love pairing it with a golden/bronze eye and a natural lip for day time.

2. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush: When I know my Sigma roundtop kabuki brush needs a cleaning, I will opt to use this brush instead. For it's affordable price, I almost like it better than my Sigma brush (something I NEVER thought I would ever admit). I bought it at Ulta along with other brushes that came in a set. The bristles are very soft, yet dense, creating the perfect application for flawless foundation blending.

3. LUSH Ocean Salt scrub: Let me be honest...I really just love this scrub because it reminds me of home, my childhood and the beach. It's scary how close to accurate it is to what the Atlantic Ocean in South Florida really does smell and taste like. As for my skin, it is a great exfoliant because it is not drying. My skin becomes so soft, smooth and feels healthy when I get out of the shower after using this product. Although it is abrasive, I use it on my face about once a week. The taste on my lips as I wash it off is the best (but may not be everyone's cup of tea).

4. Tarte Brow Architect: After having a bad brow waxing a few years back, I've struggled with finding a good brow shape. In particular, one that extended as far out as they should. I used to use the Anastasia Brow-Wiz pencil, which I did really like but I found it to be a little light and I went through the stick very quickly. When I received this Brow Architect in my QVC Tarte bag, I fell in LOVE. The stiff, angled shape of the pencil makes it so much easier and quicker to use. I fill in the part of my brows closest to my nose and extend the line by just gliding the pencil. I am very impressed and without a doubt will be repurchasing. Tarte just never lets me down!

5. Josie Maran Argan Oil - A deluxe sample size of this product came in my February Ipsy bag and I was so excited. It's an amazing product because of the multitude of things you can use it for. I've used it on my skin by adding a few drops into my night moisturizer. I've used it on my cuticles to strengthen my nails. I've used it at the ends of my hair to protect them from splitting. The options are truly endless!

6. Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in bourbon: I use this on a daily basis for during the day under my lower lash line. I don't put it in the waterline though, but rather will put my Benefit Eye Bright, if anything at all. This line of pencils are the BEST. I have tried so many- from Stila Kajal eyeliners to NYC. These stay put all day long and don't smudge. I have very watery/sensitive eyes, and it still works. If I want a black liner, I use perversion from the same line.

7. Jordana Fabuliner in black: This is by far the best eyeliner pen I have ever used! I have tried Revlon, Maybelline Master Precise, etc. and I still like this one better. Plus, it's super cheap! I will be repurchasing for years and years...

8. NAKED2 Palette: In this palette, I absolutely love half baked, bootycall, chopper and tease. Sometimes by themselves for a quick eye look and other times in addition to some shades in my LORAC Pro Palette or MAC Palette.

9. Covergirl Gloss Balm in Rose Twist: I first picked up this new drugstore product towards the beginning of February. After seeing how well EleventhGorgeous reviewed them, I had to try one out since I love the concept of chubby sticks, lip stains, tinted balms, etc. I bought the rose twist to later realize it is the absolute PERFECT "my lips but better" shade. I wear it all the time! I ended up going back to buy it in Coral Twist for the summer. Can't wait! The consistency is smooth and hydrating and the color payoff is sheer but noticeable. I also feel like I can create a nice shape around my cupid's bow with how easy the application and precision is.

10. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne wash in redness soothing - While there isn't really anything special about this facewash, it feels great, is the perfect creamy consistency and smells so fresh. I will definitely be repurchasing this once it runs out!

11. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded: I've been using this as a base for my eyeshadows on a daily basis, especially for day looks. At night, when I tend to use darker shadows for a more smoky/sultry effect, I'll use the Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. It makes my shadow last all day and let's the colors show through more than a creamy, nude base like the Urban Decay primer potion.

What were your favorite beauty products this February?

xx, Ariana

1 comment: