Ariana Voyer on Twitter Ariana Voyer on Pinterest Ariana Voyer on Tumblr Email

Mar 15, 2013

St. Patty's Day Eye Makeup Look

Looking to add a hint of green to your eye makeup this Sunday and not sure how without it being too overpowering? I posted on Instagram about a month ago an eye look that was pretty popular among my followers. I used a new shadow that I picked up from the drugstore, coming from a line that I love and have been so impressed by. Find out how to recreate this look after the jump...

  • Step 1: Prime the eyelids. For this kind of look, I like to use a base that will make the shadows stand out more. The NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk or the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded would work perfectly.
  • Step 2: Find a light, shimmery champagne color to put on the inner 3rd of the eyelid and the inner tear-duct 
  • Step 3: Take a light golden shade and pat onto the center of the lid. I like to use the MAC 239 brush for this. Be sure not to blend this out too much though, you want the gold to be strong. I recommend Urban Decay half baked (in both NAKED palettes) or the L'Oreal Infallible shadow in gold imperial. For this look, I actually layered the two of those.
  • Step 4: Time for green! I used the L'Oreal Infallible shadow in golden sage. This color is sooo beautiful! Again, pat the color on and don't blend it out too much.
  • Step 5: Take a matte light brown shade. I used taupe in the LORAC Pro Palette. A matte color in the crease will pull the look together. Avoid a shimmery shade as it will be too much of a disco ball! You want some definition.
  • Step 6: Although you can't see in this picture, I put a matte cream color under the brow as a highlight. I used cream from the LORAC Pro Palette, but Foxy from the NAKED2 palette would also work.
  • Step 7: Mirror image the colors you used on your lid to the lower lashline, as shown. This is where the eye look really will stand out (and come out in pictures). I like to use the MAC 217 pencil brush or any sort of small and dense brush. Even the tip of the MAC 239 shader brush would work. 
  • Step 8: Line the upper lash line with a brown eyeliner. I used a gel eyeliner by Tarte in a bronze shade. I like brown liner better with this look, but you could use black too.
  • Step 9: I took a tiny bit of Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Bourbon to line the lower lashline but I did it VERY close to the lashes so it didn't interfere with the green. This step is optional.
  • Step 10: Use a black mascara on your lashes, top and bottom! I used the L'Oreal Telescopic mascara which lengthens and separates. I think too much volume could take away from the focus of the eye look- the shadows.
  • Step 11: Clean up any fall out below the eye with a makeup remover. I like the Almay q-tips with makeup remover in them. They're so easy and quick to use! Then use concealer over to even it out and continue with your foundation routine. 

Voila! Hope you enjoyed this look and send me a picture if you recreate it for St. Patty's festivities this weekend! :)

xx, Ariana


1 comment:

  1. HAve a great weekend!
    I love how you add details to your eyes! Impressive:)
    ♡,
    Riza of Pour L'Instant

    ReplyDelete